Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What I managed to pick up this past week/weekend besides 2 colds


Crab Orchard Review: Writers on Food Spring/Summer 2003
VIA:Voices in Italian America. Fall 1995
the poker (A literary magazine out of Cambridge)2004
Delmar 7 (Out of St. Louis) Spring 1999

I do not read enough contemporary poetry. I am still stuck in
the past. Currently 1940-50's Mexico.

Have not quite made it to 2006 save friends and writers published
in spaces I wish to occupy.

I also picked up "My Venice" by Harold Brodkey because I have quite a thing
for Venice, sight unseen. Let us hope the book is enjoyable.

I am currently reading Durrell's Mountolive which I will post excerpts of when my hands are a bit more agreeable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

my family worked the mines at crab orchard for generations. the juxtaposition of dangerous labor and literature sounds is a great setting for the mist of my background

12:01 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I meant to comment earlier. There is a story in the first issue of 'A Public Space'called Gob Damned by Ian Chillag. Which calls to mind your mention of the juxtaposition...

It is about the Buffalo Creek Flood.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home