Thursday, March 15, 2007

Cover Art

I have this thing about covers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_cover
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~jimthing/

Well, at least when it comes to a
book that I have enjoyed. I have multiple copies of Durrell
and Purdy books simply because of the cover art.

Different artists, styles, perceptions.
Cheaper than collecting Renoirs.

Why are covers so neglected nowadays?
Or perhaps I am out of the loop because I rarely
buy anything new? No, I still look at books for godsakes
and the covers are blah.


Perhaps over the weekend I will post some examples.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Ingersoll said...

I was stunned when I discovered that academic libraries typically strip off the dust jacket and throw it away. There goes all that history of design! The public libraries I've used keep the djs, wrap 'em up in plastic. More food stains in public library books, though

10:46 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Wow, really?
That is actually rather shocking
considering.

I wonder if my library takes care of their djs?

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home