Thursday, April 05, 2007

Today was one of those unending days.
"S" called off and the phones were ringing
off the hook. The noise shook me down.

Red Line to Howard.
Four tracks to three. Congestion not
so bad as expected.
End car.
Sat next to a writer.
He quickly put away pen and paper
as I sat down and I wanted to tell
him, "It is okay."

I am the same way. The minute someone sits next
to me when I am writing I feel as though
someone has walked into my apartment and
sat on my lap and though some people could care
less, I assure you most people will peek. I do sometimes!
I do not read but I take an odd joy seeing someone writing.
Whether it be a journal entry or a letter.
(I realize the hypocrisy of this though so today
I caught myself.)

As soon as I pulled out my notebook and began
scribbling, he took his back out and continued
to write. It was a rather pleasant ride.
Both of us peering out and down.

Going to download some Mazzy Star tonight.
I think I need her voice.

Still reading Durrell's poetry.
I do not like most of it!
:(

There is one piece I will post tomorrow
that I did like though.

Until then:

"A city becomes a world when one loves one of it's inhabitants."
I believe that is from Justine.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home